What do I need to have 2 magic eyes running off 1 sky box?

Options
At the moment we have a magic eye running to our tv in the bedroom from our main Sky HD box downstairs, we have just put a tv in the kitchen and ideally would like to run a magic eye to that tv too...

What do I need to do this? If it can be done at all...?

There's only 2 of us in the house so only ever watch tv at once so don't need a seperate sky box etc plus we never watch 'real-time' tv anymore just sky plus it and then watch it off there...

Thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• iashem
    iashem Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
  • *flutterby*
    Options
    thanks for that but I'm not very technically minded at all so don't know what it is I need and the site seems directed to those who have more knowledge than I do
  • iashem
    iashem Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    try this link http://www.tvlink.co.uk/acatalog/tvlinkplus.html you could order special offer 1 this doesn't include cable
  • Gorgeous_George
    Options
    You need a 'distribution amplifier' that is compatible with Sky magic eyes. This is so that the DC voltage that is fed from your Sky box to power the magic eye will not be lost in the amplifier.

I have one that takes the Sky TV2 signal (the one that you have going to your bedroom) and gives me 4 outputs to 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th TVs.

My distribution amplifier is in the loft and does not require additional power supplies (other than the DC voltage from the Sky digibox.

PM me if you would like a sketch of what I mean.

:)

GG
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those that don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure