It's Cheap but How Good is The Service?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
1 reply 475 views
Dakota_2Dakota_2 Forumite
56 Posts
Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
My home and motor insurance policies are due for renewal soon. Now I'm well aware about Martin's tips about cutting costs for insurance. From bitter experience I'm very wary of signing up with a "cheap" insurer who has a policy of never pay out without a hassle. That being the case, what insurers can forum members recommend that are value for money and give good servce? From experince I'm not too keen on foreign call centres either.

Replies

• AstarothAstaroth Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the "problems" is that most insurers have multiple claims centres and levels of service will vary between different sites and naturally you can get an handler that is very good, knows their stuff and particularly in things like liability is good at arguing things on your behalf where as the person sitting next to them may be newer/ more apathetical etc. No matter how good an insurers processes or monitoring is you will always get these variances.

The other consideration of cause is that people who have a poor claim (eg claiming for losing an item but have no proof that they ever owned it) will say they had a bad experience where as someone with a nice straight forward claim is much more likely to come back with a positive experience.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals