Help me get money back from VirginMedia!!

Hi

I've had a dispute with Virgin Media for about 15 months now after they failed to close my account for our shop which closed a year ago. They kept sending bills & debt collection letters after we stopped the DD which we'd paid until March as we hadn't had confirmation of our contract ending. I made a complaint which they didn't respond to so I took the matter to CISAS for arbitration. They recommended that Virgin Media pay us £50 compensation but didn't state that the account credit (of £150) should be returned to us. I tried to query with them whether Virgin Media would have to do this but in the end we rejected the adjudicator's decision and tried to pursue the return of the £150. Ten weeks ago I complained because, despite being told many times that the cheque was in the post, it still hadn't arrived.

Still no response so again I went to CISAS who've said we can't take this complaint to them as they've dealt with it before. Technically they haven't because the complaint is a new one about having the account credit returned to us rather than just having the account closed & debt collection letters stopping. But where else can I go? It feels like they just get to keep the money & there's nothing we can do...

Emmavix

Comments

• texranger
    texranger Posts: 1,845 Forumite
    emv wrote: »
    Hi

I've had a dispute with Virgin Media for about 15 months now after they failed to close my account for our shop which closed a year ago. They kept sending bills & debt collection letters after we stopped the DD which we'd paid until March as we hadn't had confirmation of our contract ending. I made a complaint which they didn't respond to so I took the matter to CISAS for arbitration. They recommended that Virgin Media pay us £50 compensation but didn't state that the account credit (of £150) should be returned to us. I tried to query with them whether Virgin Media would have to do this but in the end we rejected the adjudicator's decision and tried to pursue the return of the £150. Ten weeks ago I complained because, despite being told many times that the cheque was in the post, it still hadn't arrived.

Still no response so again I went to CISAS who've said we can't take this complaint to them as they've dealt with it before. Technically they haven't because the complaint is a new one about having the account credit returned to us rather than just having the account closed & debt collection letters stopping. But where else can I go? It feels like they just get to keep the money & there's nothing we can do...

Emmavix

no to CISAS it is the same case as you rejected their decision and tried to sort out VM yourself for the £150 and when this again failed you went back to CISAS, so even to me and anyone else on this forum it is exactly the same complaint/case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure