Inspiration needed for Christening present

Options
2»

Comments

• Moonbeam
    Moonbeam Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    What about getting a star named after them both!!! A bit daft but something the kids will probably think is good as they get older........other than that I would agree with a tree or the coins from the year they were born....
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Moonbeam wrote:
    What about getting a star named after them both!!! A bit daft but something the kids will probably think is good as they get older........

paying good money for a company to send you a certificate stating that a totally random star has been named after you... nah... they have license to print money in that game.

Recently a colleague of mine bought piggy banks for a Christening, they were 'posh' ones though, Peter Rabbit ones (I think).
  • *debbie*
    *debbie* Posts: 447 Forumite
    Options
    For a friends daughter's welcome into the church (Baptist, so they do Baptism when older) I got a plaster of paris kit to make a mould of her foot or hand. I got this from Argos, but I think they don't do it any more, but I know I've seen similar things in card shop type places.

Have a great time at the Christening!
  • meercat71
    Options
    I agree on the silver gifts, I don't think the child will keep them or appreciate them as they'll have outgrown them by the time they can. I got something fun, one of those pig money boxes with their name on (I was looking for Millie or Amelia and found both) - I bought mine from Woolworths and then put £10 in pound coins in. Then each year you can give some money to go to the child for when they are older. Any gift as long as there is love behind it is lovely so don't put yourself under too much pressure!

Or if you are nifty with the camera take lots of lovely shots on the day and make a photo book for afterwards - a good company I have used is https://www.createagift.co.uk and I know you can save 25% if you quote MUMLOVE1 as they sent out a newsletter recently with it in and it's valid till March 31st.

Hope you enjoy the christening...x
  • 3urchins
    Options
    Hi,
    My OH was a Godfather recently and we sponsored a sheep in Africa for the little boy, you could do this as a joint gift to both children and rather than give the family something else to dust, you will be doing something brilliant in the kids' names. The company we used was wwwsendacow.com and the card arrived within a couple of days. We bought a cheap cuddly lamb to give the baby on the day and you could sponsor any sort of animal ranging from around £15 upwards.
    Have a lovely day, its a huge honour to be asked!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure