First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Can you add me too target of £2200 again thanks
    MORTGAGE DEC 2010 - £132617.97:(
    2011 O/P Target £3026/£2200
    2012 Target 2000/2200
    Mortgage end date july 2042
    Target end date july 2030 (when i'm 45 if not earlier)
  • dark^knight
    Options
    I wanted to thank originalmiscellany for setting this up and the form for updates...has made it so easy. :T

^dk^
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 28 November 2011 at 10:04AM
    Options
    Thanks so much OM for taking over from cake for 2012, I would like to join again please, my mfw no. for 2011 was 184 and my target for 2012 will be £10,000 thanks.:D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • curlygirl1971
    Options
    I would love to join again this year. Thank you very much OM for organising. I've not been able to update via Googledocs (it tells me I need Chrome) so see text in bold below - would be grateful if you add me to the challenge.

The Waffle
    My target for 2011 was £6k OP and by 2nd December I will have beaten this by £764. That £6k contained a huge chunk of Bonus back in January. I've no idea if I will be lucky enough to get a bonus this Xmas/NY so am trying to keep that out of the equation. I'm pretty certain that I won't be earning as much next year and have some things to buy for the house.

I graduate from the Mfit-T2 challenge in December 2012 and at that point my balance WILL BE £25490. I've worked out that if my interest rate is unchanging for the next 12 months then I would need to OP by £215 every month. If the BOE rate increases steadily throughout the year (unlikely) then I reackon I need to OP £230 per month to make my target.........so that will be my challenge for now. £230 x 12 =

My MFW 2012 Challenge - To OP by £2760

As BlackTaxi and I are virtually at same point in our Mortgage life I would have loved to have matched his target of £9k but I think even with a bonus that is not going to be achieveable for me........I'm just not that dedicated :rotfl:and I also have OCD when it comes to squirrelling away savings.

It's great to see new names joining in on this - anyone lurking and thinking about it should just do it - you've nothing to loose except interest payments :D I found the MFW 2011 really helpful and very motivating at times.
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Hi Curlygirl
    Thanks for your encouraging post.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can OP next year. Plus have excitement of switching mortgage when my discount period expires in Feb. All a bit up in the air with my figures atm, but as you say, the MFW 2011 thread has been great this year and I'm looking forward to more in 2012. Maybe, too, in 2012 I can actually keep uptodate with the site for the whole 12 months!
  • originalmiscellany
    Options
    I think in order to keep life simple, I will have a post simply of how much people have challenged themselves to save, then they have to click on the spreadsheet to see how much they've saved on a month by month basis, rather than the pressure of me having to update the first post (and as it's my post, only I can do that). I've set up some crack troops to help me with the process of logging the info online so that should be no burden for anyone...
    Will update all of these in a few days;

Thanks OM
    Feb 2012 - onwards MF achieved
    September 2016 - Back into clearing a mortgage - Was due to be paid off in 32 years in March 2047 -
    April 2018 down to 28.00 months vs 30.04 months at normal payment.
    Predicted mortgage clearing 03/2047 - now looking at 02/2045

Aims: 1) To pay off mortgage within 20 years - 2037
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Thanks OM and team!
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there, I officially became a MFW a few weeks ago and would love to join!
    I'm going to set myself a challenging target and go for £12,000 OP in 2012.
    Many Thanks, L
  • Catslovelycats
    Options
    Welcome, Lulabelle1!
  • BeauBelle
    Options
    Hi All

I'd like to continue on the mortgage free journey. Please can you add me to the list for 2012.

My overpayment target is going to be £1200.

Thanks

BB
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills