halifax

Anyone foresee problems with Halifax advise? are they trustworthy?

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think you need to elaborate a bit more on what you actually are asking.

If your question relates to buildings & contents insurance then I've had mine with them for many years & always found them very competitive.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Financial advice?
    mortgage advice?

If financial advice, then you should run a mile. They operate a tied salesforce who only have access to poor quality products and are usually very expensive as well.

You should never get your advice from a tied salesforce.

If you are on about Halifax carpet sales, I cant help ;)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MMR_3
    MMR_3 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Sorry bit vague with my question re trustworthy halifax. i want a complete overhaul mort,critical life,loan cover and endowment - one policy to cover the lot for about 5 years if something like that exists. My problem is that i have no idea about such issues and worry about being taken in.
    WOULD APPRECIATE A GENUINE INDEPENDANT FINANCIAL ADVISER - IS THERE AN HONEST ONE OUT THERE/
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    over 80% of advisers currently trading have never had a complaint (FOS reported that end of last year). A clear sign that we are all crooks.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure