We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
I need advice on the money I want to save.
megan01
Posts: 162 Forumite
Hi everyone.
I am saving quite a fair bit of money for my age at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best way to do it, and any bank accounts or anything which would suit me.
This will be the money I can save:
January 2012: £1791
April 2012 : £1815
September 2012 : £1791
January 2013: £1791
April 2013: £1815
I also have a job where I get paid £72.96 weekly. I will probably only need £12.96 a week as I don't drink, or smoke, I will just need it for bus fares etc, so will be able to save £60 a week. I am also going to attempt to sell christmas cards on Etsy. I don't pay any rent or bills or have a car or any debts.
What is the best way for me to save this money?
Edit: must add I also have £1000 in a savings account at Natwest, but the interest rate isn't very good.
edit 2: also add £1800 for bursaries.
I am saving quite a fair bit of money for my age at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best way to do it, and any bank accounts or anything which would suit me.
This will be the money I can save:
January 2012: £1791
April 2012 : £1815
September 2012 : £1791
January 2013: £1791
April 2013: £1815
I also have a job where I get paid £72.96 weekly. I will probably only need £12.96 a week as I don't drink, or smoke, I will just need it for bus fares etc, so will be able to save £60 a week. I am also going to attempt to sell christmas cards on Etsy. I don't pay any rent or bills or have a car or any debts.
What is the best way for me to save this money?
Edit: must add I also have £1000 in a savings account at Natwest, but the interest rate isn't very good.
edit 2: also add £1800 for bursaries.
Save 12k in 2015 challenger NO.128 £0.00/£8000
House Deposit : £6317.44/£12000.00
Weight Loss, target: 8st 7lb current:
House Deposit : £6317.44/£12000.00
Weight Loss, target: 8st 7lb current:
0
Comments
-
If I was in your position I'd use my Cash ISA allowance first - so for 2011/12 (to 5th April 2012) you could save £5,340 tax free. Click here for best rates (around 3% is available).
From 6th April 2012 you could save a further £5,640 - click here for details, any spare you may want to keep handy for emergency purposes, click here for best buy savings accounts."Every Pounds A Prisoner "
"Loyalty to the Best Interest Rate"
:beer:0 -
Hello,
Yeah the best way would be to open an ISA account. Have a look at this: Natwest just being an example. Look around at other banks too
http://www.natwest.com/personal/savings/g2/isas.ashx
Hope this helps
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards