Combi boiler replacement quote

Hello,

Is £2400 for replacement of a combi boiler with a Worcester combi boiler a fair price? I think it is a bit much. The boiler is not being moved - straight replacement.

Thanks.

Comments

• Ive just been quoted £2600 to replace our boiler with a worcester combi but the boiler is also being moved from a bedroom into the loft.
  • It is a lot. Boiler itself will be likley be about £1100.
  • gas4you
    gas4you Posts: 2,602 Forumite
    Can only guess without seeing the job or knowing what Worcester he is quoting for, but I would have thought no more than £2000 IF a genuine straight swap.
  • sujman
    sujman Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I paid about £2,200 for a Worcester Bosch 30cdi, supplied and fitted about 3 years ago.

It felt expensive but was the best price I could get.

My only other option was to use an idependent plumber to fit only. He would have charged £500 fitting + £100 to £200 for any additional parts he may have needed.

I would have to source the boiler and he made it clear that if there were any problems with the boiler, he took no resposibility. He would only take issues concerning the actual fitting.

He also said he'd need 4 days to a week to install.

I choose the local firm instead, who said 2 days max but were done within one day.

If you do a search for worcester bosch 30cdi, there's someone on ebay offering supply and fit for less than £1,800. Might be worth a closer look.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,789 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Stick the job on https://www.mybuilder.com and see what quotes you get. We paid £1600 for a new Bosch 24i boiler , installation of boiler, removal of a kitchen cupboard and gas hob and installation of a gas cooker and a gas safety check. We also got a 7 year warranty which saves us a load on heating insurance. Its a lot of hassle calling around and getting people in but we got a cheap price and found some great plumbers. Although this was all on a very hot summers day. I guess they charge a lot more this time of year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure