Tesco Deals - Not a good deal

I had planned to stay overnight in Dublin using my Tesco clubcard deals. I have £160 in clubcard tokens to use. I went on line to Hilton just to get a rough idea of what it would cost and if I had enough tokens to cover the cost. On line a room for 2 adults and one child with dinner, bed and breakfast was £126.39, I thought excellent.

I telephoned the number given on Tesco's website for Hilton bookings. I was quoted a price of £210.00, this price did NOT include dinner or breakfast, it was for a bed only. I think that it is scandalous, rip off.

Looks like we will be staying in the Travelodge, it will be £47.00 for the three of us for the night, a bit better I think.
Jellynose

Comments

• andyrules
    andyrules Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    I noticed that with their roadside breakdown - I was quoted a much lower price direct last time I renewed. (half as much in fact) So do you mean that there is a separate price structure for the deals?
  • Bossyboots
    Bossyboots Posts: 6,746 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    andyrules wrote:
    I noticed that with their roadside breakdown - I was quoted a much lower price direct last time I renewed. (half as much in fact) So do you mean that there is a separate price structure for the deals?

Yes that is correct, there is a different price structure. It is clear on the Tesco site that you pay the brochure prices and not internet prices on some of the deals. It has been fairly well documented on these forums and somewhere there is a thread which tells you some of those who don't change the prices for paying with Clubcard Deals. I will try to find it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure