We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
first:utility ignored cancellation
I picked first:utility for a gas/el switch from my previous suppplier by using a comparison site recommended here.
They sent me an email with their actual tariff and when I worked it out by hand it wasn't going to be cheaper than what I had. Decided to cancel within 7 days by speaking to one of their phone operators.
She said she has passed the cancellation request "to head office". Next day I sent an email asking for confirmation (still within 7 days period of their initial email).
Both were ignored and they initiated the switch. I am now having to ask my previous supplier to switch right back after 28 days, because first:utility are not responding to my emails (I won't call their 0845 number again).
Bad news this company!
They sent me an email with their actual tariff and when I worked it out by hand it wasn't going to be cheaper than what I had. Decided to cancel within 7 days by speaking to one of their phone operators.
She said she has passed the cancellation request "to head office". Next day I sent an email asking for confirmation (still within 7 days period of their initial email).
Both were ignored and they initiated the switch. I am now having to ask my previous supplier to switch right back after 28 days, because first:utility are not responding to my emails (I won't call their 0845 number again).
Bad news this company!
0
Comments
-
Oh that's not good to hear, I was thinking of using this company, guided by the forum's suggestions. Maybe I won't now.
Really don't know who to use when I move into a new property soon ?0 -
Well I tried to speak to them again, got an operator after 5 mins on the 0854 number. Told him the problem and the reference no. and he said "can I put you on hold for a moment". I hung up after 10 mins holding...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards