We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

is this the best tablet around for the money?

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/ARCHOS-70-INTERNET-TABLET

I wonder if someone would mind advising ? It will be a present for my daughter , thanks in advance
my favourite food is spare ribs

Comments

  • I have owned an Archos for a few years now, It is a great multimedia player i used to take it into work on nights to watch films i had downloaded or music, it is wifi too, screen quality is excellent- mine was 7 inches, It depends what she is going to use it for
  • PM1
    PM1 Posts: 23 Forumite
    I bought one this week. One of the reviews said that it had a cheap plasticky case, but I think that must have been a poor sample. It is good, and I am enjoying it. I had to search on the Internet for an app that would give me access to the Google Android market, but I found a site with complete instructions so now have access to many more free apps. I think it is excellent. I went for the 7" rather than the 10" because it fits in a pocket. I am still learning about it. Sorry that I cannot give you better guidance to that site - I cleaned out my browser history this morning.

    Martin should definitely be flagging it as a 'Good Buy'.
  • bigblackdog
    bigblackdog Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    thanks for your comments , i notice they are selling a tablet with 3g for 50 quid more , at £150.
    but not sure thats somethiing neccessarily useful ,
    my favourite food is spare ribs
  • PM1
    PM1 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Careful, they are also selling a device at £79, but that is not a true tablet.

    With the 3G connection you would need a contract, and possibly pay for amount of data used. Why not stick to the WiFi only unit?

    The software to allow access to the google android apps marketplace is gApps4Archos2.apk. You will need to search for it.

    Good luck,

    PM
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.