We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Rechargeable battery overheated
Fiver29
Posts: 18,620 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Not sure if this is the right forum but....
I was just sitting here browsing, got my dressing gown on and suddenly it felt like my leg was burning. Ignored it for a few seconds and it was getting worse, then realised the heat was coming from my dressing gown pocket, and it was a rechargeable battery that I had in my pocket. It had heated up so much I couldn't touch it to take it out of my pocket, had to get a tea towel. I've looked at my leg and there's a slight red mark there.
I've put it outside because I'm worried about it exploding.
Is there a reason why it would suddenly heat up like that?
I was just sitting here browsing, got my dressing gown on and suddenly it felt like my leg was burning. Ignored it for a few seconds and it was getting worse, then realised the heat was coming from my dressing gown pocket, and it was a rechargeable battery that I had in my pocket. It had heated up so much I couldn't touch it to take it out of my pocket, had to get a tea towel. I've looked at my leg and there's a slight red mark there.
I've put it outside because I'm worried about it exploding.
Is there a reason why it would suddenly heat up like that?
Moving onto a better place...Ciao :wave:
0
Comments
-
Named after my cat, picture coming shortly0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards