We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Replacing docking speakers ipod connector - Help!
markandjayne
Posts: 86 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi
I have a fantastic ION block speaker. My ipod docks onto it. The metal (male) connector on the speaker that slips into the base of the ipod is damaged and no longer works. I have removed the circuit board. Replacing the connector looks like a simple soldering job. Does anyone have experience of this or know where to get the connector part from? I have searched the internet and looked at Maplin but cannot see anywhere that does this sort of thing.
Thanks
markandjayne
I have a fantastic ION block speaker. My ipod docks onto it. The metal (male) connector on the speaker that slips into the base of the ipod is damaged and no longer works. I have removed the circuit board. Replacing the connector looks like a simple soldering job. Does anyone have experience of this or know where to get the connector part from? I have searched the internet and looked at Maplin but cannot see anywhere that does this sort of thing.
Thanks
markandjayne
0
Comments
-
They do have 1 or 2 on ebay, but won't have the same circuit board.
Could try and get hold of a cheap speaker docking station and take the connector out from that.Mansion TV. Avoid at all cost's :j0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards