PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Fruit syrups recipe please :-)

Options
Hi everyone.

Well the yoghurt making is going really well and i'm tucking into a delicious glassful everyday. However im bored now with my blackberry syrup and wondered what other flavours I could make?

I'm trying to re-create something like the fruit corners from muller. My favourites are the cherry and the pineapple and something one. Would it be as simple as buying fresh cherries or pineapple and proceeding as if I was making jam?

Could this work with tins of fruit as cherries are very expensive this time of year?

Many thanks peeps

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    What a great idea :T Googled *fruit syrup* and found this - and lots of others! The small penguins get through loads of *corners* so I'll definitely be having a go.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • HariboJunkie
    Options
    I just blend tins of cherries as they are. No need to add anything and cheaper and less fiddly than fresh ones. I also make apple pear or mango sauce by boiloing the fruit with a little water and whizzing it up. add sugar if you need it. Don't like pineapple so have no idea about that one.
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I made damson jam 2 years ago which didn't set and we got fed up with having to eat our toast very horizontally to stop it falling off. Then I tried using it with Yog instead of Muller corners and haven't looked back. I now make other jams and deliberately underset them (may need to eat up fast or keep in fridge - I think they go mouldy quicker) but armed with Easiyo and any underset jam you care to make you can rule the world !! Because we get tired of having just one flavour on the go I have started making jams in the MW in a huge pyrex bowl. That way you can make smaller quantities and it isn't such a pain to find jars, sterilise etc when you're just doing a few at a time. Good luck !
  • Angelina-M
    Angelina-M Posts: 1,541 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, the fruit syrup is just runny jam then as I thought. The blackberry one is lovely and looks great, really deep coloured like a muller. I just get bored with the same one.

This MSE malarky is great, im getting healthy and saving money!
  • black-saturn
    black-saturn Posts: 13,937 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I sometimes buy fruit coulis from Tesco which come in about 4 different varieties in a glass bottle for about £1.50. Not very OS or money saving though :o
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business