Employing a cleaner

Options
13»

Comments

• mariat
    mariat Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I worked as a cleaner for a while, here and in London. 3 hours twice a week is enough to do the basics in a 3 bed house. I wouldn't do ironing or clean windows. Please remember, she is there to clean, not tidy up after you or load dishwashers - you should do these things yourself!

I worked b***y hard and every house was gleaming when I finished. One family I worked for had a habit of phoning to cancel a weeks cleaning, then when I went the next week, I had 2 weeks worth of mess to clean. Saved them money and almost doubled my workload. Then one week I left 15 minurs early as I had got done quicker than usual, they had the cheek to complain. I suggested they find another mug to clean after them.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 October 2009 at 3:47PM
    Options
    look out for skimmed work ie quick vaccuum, shiny washbasin and a spray of freshner. Some cleaners are masters at making it look as though they have done the full time. I had 4 cleaners in the past and only one was reasonable in her work standard. The very best cleaner I ever ever my dd at 19 and I paid her £5 an hour 14 years ago, she was worth every penny and loved the job
  • my_gorgeous_ellie-belle
    Options
    Thank you ladies - i have decided (having a few problems with pregnancy at mo) that if all goes ok i'll get someone in just before having baby - that way i know i'll prob go manic and do the crazy 'nest tidying' like i did last time - i even thoroghly washed the door frames and skirting boards of the entire house just days before my daughter was born. And then someone will be there to help when i am too shattered to do all the cleaning myself.

OH doesn't agree, he said in that case he'll do it himself but i know he'll be just as knackered when the time comes. I don't want someone to pick up after me, i think i'm a little too proud for that just need help to give the place a base clean (mopping/sweeping/hoovering and dusting) and i'll keep it tidy imbetween without any probs. The rest could be done by me and OH no prob - i promise i'm not after a skivvy at all.

2 or 3hrs twice a week sounds perfect for what i'll need. Thank you all for your help!
    Mummy of 3 lovely munchkins :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport