Countdown to Freedom

Options

Comments

• WhiteSnowdrop
    Options
    Goodness me! I don't know you go a bit MSE MIA and when you come back Tilly's thread has turned to farming/country file!!! The spoon also confused me too!

Good to hear that all of your hard work and plans are coming together (I'm saying that in an ATeam type way) and that the new chapter you are working towards is just around the corner.

WS
    GC Feb - £190/£200
    2015 OP Challenge - £420/£4000
    Mortgage Free Aim Nov 2021
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm having to take some time out from posting as there's so much going on
    I can understand that, Tilly, you sound incredibly busy - but its really leading to the life you want to live, isn't it. I'll look forward to your next posts :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 December 2014 at 10:38PM
    Options
    Morning, I'm pretty certain we are using auto pilot to get to Christmas. Work is mayhem and it's odd seeing executive leadership demonstrating such strange behaviour. 'Every man for himself' springs to mind daily. It is starting to encroach on my work now which is frustrating. Mr T and I have talking appointments when we're away.

It looks as though we have the outline of a plan now and 2015 will be a year of change for the Tilly family. What we need is a calculator and time to work the figures :). Maybe I should ask Mr E to run some forecasting scenarios and I can give my brain a rest :T.

It's odd how you change and our wants and needs are very different today, than ten years ago. Not because of kids, work but our personal views on life have changed. I have had to realise that working is a big part of my life and even when I stop, which will fortunately be well before retirement age, I will need to do something else. Not for the money but the mental benefits which I gain.

Money - hardly anything spent from the grocery budget this month but the entertainment budget has been hammered. I need to check if S&S will accept holiday details now.

DD and I are having a little adventure next week and I need to book trains today to reduce the cost of travel.

I have Tilly Tidied around £9 in bits and pieces. OPd £180 and am just about to transfer a further £100. My food budget was from the third week of each month and all unused budget will be OPd by Monday.

I've created a plan for our time away, not to fill it up but to make sure we don't buy too much food. We are out with friends a few nights and I don't want extra food left over. Plus we have a budget to work with. I'm making lemon curd to give to friends over there for gifts.

Right, hounds need to be walked. We are at the gym tomorrow with PT and then have friends coming for dinner. DD is making the dessert as a practise for Christmas day.

Best wishes and Christmas greetings. Tilly x x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I've created a plan for our time away, not to fill it up but to make unsure we don't buy too much food.
    Different sort of holiday, I suppose, but the other thing about doing a bit of planning is to give you an idea of what you want to do out there, so you don't waste holiday days with the initial recce for information. I do this regularly when I go away, and check up to date information about when things are open and whatnot when I get there - saves time and wasted journeys, and means that free time is really free.
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Morning, off to walk the hounds and it looks like a beautiful day.

Brilliant day yesterday and looking forward to church this morning.

Minimal spends and S&S done. PC and CP surveys to do. DD has introduced me to N£car surveys.

Have a good day,Tilly x x
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS Posts: 7,833 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 16 December 2014 at 9:02AM
    Options
    Morning, I wrote two long and detailed posts yesterday and lost both :eek:

I was quite startled by the noise created by the new sub group. I don't think I've read before that I'm basically not making sound financial decisions by OPing. Sweeping assumptions.

I've OPd a further £90 and £79 and am on target to OP a further £1k ish come Friday. :T:T:T

I cannot remember a busier run up to Christmas and I'm looking forward to the end of the week. We will be having a simple and peaceful time, albeit with a few social engagements.

Money is being spent sensibly and we just need to update the financials again. That can be Thursday night :)

Tilly signing out x
  • Polly_Wolly_Doodle
    Options
    I need to go and find this sub-group, wish I'd made your financial mistakes!!
    Hope you get a revitalising break when it comes Tilly, you keep so many of us on the straight and narrow:A
    Weight: need to lose 71lbs - lost to date 0lbs
    One Poll: £3.20
    My Survey: £0.00
    Ebay: £0.00
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    I need to go and find this sub-group, wish I'd made your financial mistakes!!
    Hope you get a revitalising break when it comes Tilly, you keep so many of us on the straight and narrow:A
    I found the comments a little combative and not liking confrontation quite off outting. Anyway, buying this house has allowed us to buy a house outright, plus will help us buy additional properties and more investments when we downsize in 2015.

We have come across a small problem which we are wrestling with as we have four pets and had consider renting for a few months as one of the locations we are looking at, tend to sell within a couple of weeks. That's a quandary we will consider not year as serendipity could surface and everything aligns.

Take care and have a good Christmas.

Tilly x x
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Tilly, you're not wrong, whats going on in that thread is very startling. I hope I haven't made it worse by pointing that out, hopefully in a friendly way.

Hope you can sort out the pets/renting/fast sale conundrum :)
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I looked at that thread yesterday, and was a bit startled by some of the reactions.

I still think an early retirement/financial freedom sub board is a good idea, for things like discussing blogs, actions taken on a day to day basis to achieve goals, and maybe an early retirement roll of honour.

But I'd probably keep my diary here for a while where I feel safe, until I see how it all pans out.
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport