Electric Showers

Options
It seems to me that most of the time we criticise company's for their ineptitude, bad or lack of customer service, and the problems we have experienced with them from time to time.

18 months ago I purchased a 'Gainsborough Shower' from B&Q, (6 months out of it's warrenty period) B&Q did not want to know, but gave me the telephone number of Gainsborough Showers.

As it happens they are part of Baxi Group, and I sent an e-mail to them outlining the problem I had with the shower. From my very incoherent e-mail I received a telephone call the next morning and the very pleasant young lady told me what she thought the problem was, said she would put a spare part in the post, free of charge. It arrived today, took me seconds to fit it and the shower is now working fine, ( thank god says the management).

Gainsborough's customer service was excellent, friendly, and I believe British?. :):)

Comments

• libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Isn't it great when companies honour their guarantee and set out to achieve first rate customer service?
    I'll certainly look at Gainsborough when we replace our shower.
  • doodle_bug
    Options
    I have to buy a new shower every year, the concrete hard water kills the water heater part.
  • luciddreamer
    Options
    My god great customer service!!!
    doodle_bug

don't quote me on this but have a look in to getting a water softner thingy installed?
  • doodle_bug
    Options
    not worth it, if those electric things work I might fit one but they seem a bit gimmicky to me.
    There are 6 in our house and we each have a shower every day so it isn't too bad and when the heater packs in I use argos to get a free one uh um!
  • plumb1_2
    plumb1_2 Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have to buy a new shower every year, the concrete hard water kills the water heater part.
    Have a water Softneer fitted http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?ts=84191&id=101259
  • RedOnRed
    RedOnRed Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Have you tried a Mira one? They're by no means the cheapest but from my experience very reliable.

Hate to tempt fate but...

We left one in our last house still going strong after four years and our current one's still doing the job after about three.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure