standing area for arena gig?

ktj
ktj Posts: 272
First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
Hi all,

Advice needed. My son has just turned 14. He wants to go to see the Arctic Monkeys at Newcastle's Metro Arena. I am happy to take him, but the only tickets left are for the standing area, so I'm very dubious.

He's never been to a gig before and the last one i went to was to see the Rolling Stones in the 70s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so neither of us knows what to expect so we would welcome any advice.

Many thanks for any help that you can give. ktj.

Comments

• ktj
    Forumite
    Hi, It's me again. Still hoping that someone will reply to let me know what it's like being in the standing area for an arena gig. Thanks to anyone who can helo. ktj.
  • flashg67
    flashg67 Posts: 3,985
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Not been to Newcastle but at the MEN in Manchester, from experience (mine are going to see Artic Monkeys tonight!), it can get a bit crushed & manic unless you stand nearer the back. Another factor is how tall he is. I'm quite short and usually have to move to the side of the floor to get a good view!
  • tbh it will be fine. you can get as close and cramped in as you want or stand further back if you are more comfortable with this.
    took ds at 16 for his 1st ever gig to the lg arena in birmingham and he was fine.
    only precaution we made was to agree a meeting place if we managed to get separated. we agreed to just enjoy the gig even if we were separated then meet up at the end
    hope you both have a good night:D
    Lead us not into temptation...

just tell us where it is and we'll find it....
  • ktj
    Forumite
    Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. Very reassuring. Think I'll take the plunge if there are any tickets left. Thanks again. ktj.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure