Changing name on driving license

Options
Hi all,

Sorry for the dumdum question but I really cannot work this out!

After getting married, I have finally got round to changing the name and address on my driving license. The DVLA form asks for a passport number to verify my identity, but my passport is still in my maiden name (because it costs a bomb to renew and I still have a few years left on it, and because I have 2 citizenships and it's a massive pain changing them over). Would this be ok with them? Or do they need the passport to be in my married name?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my passport is still in my maiden name for the same reason wedding date twin! I passed my test on saturday and the examiner told me theres a form you can get at the post office to fill in to change your name on the licence - am I dumb to ask if they wont take the marriage certificate as proof?
  • katerinasol
    Options
    Hello wedding date twin! They do take the marriage certificate as proof but I think they need the passport as well, just to make sure it really is me applying for a change of name if that makes sense... but that's my problem, I don't know if I'll be changing my passport anytime soon.
  • marywooyeah
    marywooyeah Posts: 2,656 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm thats a doozy! I'm not planning to change my passport either its still got 5 years on it - not very mse to change it!
  • katerinasol
    Options
    I am an idiot! The form says, 'enclose original document(s). This must show a clear link to your current name if different from that shown on your digital UK passport'. Sorted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure