My big soft Teddy cat

Options
Hi everyone

I've come out of lurkdom to say that I lost my dearest ginger and white Teddy cat this morning. He had a bad heart and went downhill over the weekend. This morning at the vet's I asked them to end his suffering. My beautiful gorgeous boy is gone forever, but will be in my memory and in my heart until it's my turn and we are together again.

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Snowy, so sorry to hear that :sad: I know how much you loved him.

Big hugs xxx
    Bulletproof
  • mouseymousey99
    Options
    So sorry to hear. If its any consolation (and I know at the moment its so hard) he won't have known a day of unkindness with you. All you can do is to give them a good life & this is what you have done.
    Please would you consider adopting another soul from a shelter? I'm not being heartless, but so few have such good homes.
    Best wishes x
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mousey, I already have two other kitties, but yes, when the time is right I will give a home to some other poor puss who needs a loving home. My dear Teddy will always be loved and missed, but life has to go on. It was his time, no matter how hard that is to accept.
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Snowy,I am so sorry for your loss,it's never east loosing a beloved pet but in Teddy's passing,another puss has a chance at a forever home.

RIP Wee Teddy.
  • SnowyOwl_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you Spike. I know how awful it was for you when Orbit passed, so know you understand what it's like for me. Teddy was unique, such a stunning looking boy and so sweet natured but fiesty with it. I lost my three English cats all within a single year -- I thought the grief would kill me but it didn't, and then Teddy, Dylan and Mitzi came into my life, just as Daisy came into yours. Yes, you are right, there will be another kitty who finds a save haven, but not just yet, I have to grieve for Teddy. My heart feels like it's breaking but he's gone and I have to accept that.
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Sorry to hear about Teddy RIP
  • bluebeary
    bluebeary Posts: 7,904 Forumite
    Options
    rip big teddy cat, *big hugs for snowy* x
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Snowy - so sorry to hear that , big hugs to you :(

Teddy run on the Rainbow Bridge and take care of Lucy's little one Thomas who also passed away this morning :(
  • SnowyOwl_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Snowy - so sorry to hear that , big hugs to you :(

Teddy run on the Rainbow Bridge and take care of Lucy's little one Thomas who also passed away this morning :(

When I introduced Dylan to Teddy Dylan was a tiny little baby kitten. Teddy took to him right away and showered him with kisses and they immediately cuddled up together and slept together. If Teddy and little Thomas do bump into each other I'm sure that Teddy will look after him just like he looked after Dylan.
  • Mayflower10cat
    Options
    I am so sad for you, losing darling Teddy. Ginger and white boys are very special to me, too, so very gentle and loving. I'll ask my own dear Rocky and Georgie to look out for him at the Bridge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure