Ebay purchase; faulty. Advice gratefully received

I bought a toy kitchen for my son's birthday a month ago from ebay. It was a "buy it now" but from a private seller. It was sold as new.

On building it last week we discovered that two parts were missing and one part was broken. I have contacted the seller but have as yet not received a response.

I'm a little confused as to whether I have any rights in this transaction and would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you

CP

Comments

• Read http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/item-not-received.html for eBays buyer protection, it will also depend on if you used PayPal or not.

You log a dispute with eBay and they will take up the case.

As you've bought from a private seller you will have little rights outside of the eBay protection scheme but it tends to be a reasonable scheme
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,036
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You have 45 days to open a dispute, so request the seller's contact details, phone them (or email again), then if they don't respond, you could open a dispute in Paypal. You would have to send it back tracked at your own expense though...
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just also to add, if the person is acting as a business but has listed themselves as a private seller, they are classed as a business for all intents and purposes of the SoGA.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure