IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Jay Gee

Options
I received a parking fine from excel parking in June, I did nothing after reading about them. I have now recived a court summons. I am very nervous now. I am disabled and displayed my badge correctly. i was fined because i was not parked in a disabled bay. but there were none free at the time. What do I do now??? Go to court?

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it an actual court summons, or just a letter from a solicitor/debt collector threatening such action?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • trisontana
    Options
    I ask again, is this a real court summons (with stamped papers), or just a letter from a debt collector/solicitor?
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ditto?????? is it realy a court summons,, or just idol threats as usual from this scum company??????
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If this is from Excel, it is highly likely you have a private ticket. Also remember that the Blue Badge scheme does not apply on private property, so you don't need to display it at all. The Equality Act applies here instead.

What exactly do they call the ticket and where did you get it? Also does it say they are acting for any council or legal authority anywhere on it?
  • Inflatable_Armadillo
    Options
    Jay_Gee wrote: »
    I received a parking fine from excel parking in June, I did nothing after reading about them. I have now recived a court summons. I am very nervous now. I am disabled and displayed my badge correctly. i was fined because i was not parked in a disabled bay. but there were none free at the time. What do I do now??? Go to court?

Same question... are you sure it is stamped court papers from a County Court?

Just to add though, don't worry if they turn out to be, we and posters on https://www.pepipoo.com will help you very probably win. We can also help you use this as an oppourtunity to show Excel and PPC's up for what they really are... scammers... in your local press.

Interestingly, you say you parked and displayed your blue badge, but because all the disabled spaces were full you parked elsewhere? Can you give us some more information, we would be interested to know 'their' excuse for giving you the invoice!
  • trisontana
    Options
    It might be my suspicious mind, but I am rapidly reaching the conclusion that the OP's post might be some sort of a wind-up by a PPC troll. We have seen these before. They proclaim that, in spite of the advice to ignore, they are being taken to court. When we ask for proof of this the OP disappears, never to be heard of again.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    1st post, worried disabled badge, went offline before reply post , all of 3 mins. If I'm that worried I have to post I hang about for a reply, indeed I'd be refreshing the page waiting for help.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • trisontana
    Options
    It was more than three minutes. I could still see they were online after an hour and five minutes. That's why I asked them again for proof.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,697 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Could just be at work and will see the replies tonight!

If so then please tell us, Jay Gee, what you actually received. You cannot be 'fined' by any private company, let alone be 'fined' for NOT parking in a disabled bay...!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • trisontana
    Options
    Still no follow-up post from the OP. So it looks as though they're a PPC troll.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure