Getting NI Contributions Paid When Not on Benefits?

Options
Sorry I couldn't think of a snappy title.

Anyway, I'm currently getting ESA after being placed in the support group but my partner is now moving in with me and her income will remove my eligibility for benefits. I'm just curious but am I able to stay on ESA with no money paid to me but still get my NI contributions paid? If not, what can I do to ensure I get the full state pension at retirement age? Of course there may not be a state pension in twenty tears but that's another thread...

Cheers. :)

Comments

• MrsManda
    MrsManda Posts: 4,457 Forumite
    Options
    Providing you meet the criteria you can still claim ESA for contributions only.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, I would imagine that you could. Marley was offered the opportunity to stay on JSA even though he was entitled to no actual money due to my income; they said that it would ensure that his NI contributions get paid. He decided that the fortnightly "ritual humiliation" of signing on wasn't worth it ... he now gets the NI credits for being a parent & carer instead.
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Mojo_Fones
    Options
    Thanks guys, I knew I could rely on my MSE chums. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure