Gormless person needs help !!!

Options
Ive looked at and learnt from these forums,but obviously not enough.
I have 2 credit cards with HMBA and Capital One.I was paying ppi with Card Protection Plan ltd,I have since cancelled this.
What I would like to know is,how do I find out if Im paying ppi on either of the cards (theres nothing on any statements) ? How do I find out who signed me up to CPP ltd ? Do I claim direct from CPP ltd ?
I know thats a lot to ask,but Im really stuck here.
Please pardon my gormlessness and any help/advice would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks Knobby.

Comments

• DrSqueeze
    DrSqueeze Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Knobby,

And no, you're not being gormless!

If you were paying for PPI, it should appear on your credit card statements as a separate item. If you can't see it, but believe you may have paid for it in the past, have a look for any older statements or write to the card companies and ask them to check.

To find out exactly what you were paying for, and why, with "Card Protection Plan Ltd" you need to contact them directly and ask them what the payments were for. It may simply have been a service to help you in the event of losing your cards, the only way to be sure is to ask.

Hope this helps, and feel free to post any more questions - there are lots of people here who can help.
  • knobby333
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.CPP helped themselves to £60 twice a year,but they kindly covered my car keys in the event of loss.I can only assume the credit card company put me in bed with CPP as I cannot recall ever contacting them !!!
    I'll write to them to find out.
    Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family