🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

PPI for Car Finance

Options
I bought a car via First Response Finance, I got into difficulty with the repayments, and the company put a charge on my house. There was also quite a lot of PPi on this, that I was not aware of. This company demanded £5,000 when I sold my house which was considerably more than I originally bought the car for. I sold my house in 2006. Can I do anything about this?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a car via First Response Finance, I got into difficulty with the repayments, and the company put a charge on my house. There was also quite a lot of PPi on this, that I was not aware of. This company demanded £5,000 when I sold my house which was considerably more than I originally bought the car for. I sold my house in 2006. Can I do anything about this?

Hi there
    If you feel you were mis sold the ppi you can of course still make a reclaim on it.
    You pursue whoever sold you the account by sending the reclaim questionnaire to their head office or complaints dept, remember to save a copy, good luck.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#step3
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills