Santander are now refunding interest payments on Cahoot flexible loan's

Options

Comments

• Alex444
    Alex444 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you stopped paying your Cahoot Flexiloan, please check your Credit Report as Santander are supplying incorrect data.
    I stopped paying them in December 2009 and as such should have disappeared from my CRA file, but Santander did not lodge the default until July 2011 and the balance had increased from £9K to £12K.
    I have asked them twice to amend the entry, but they have refused, I have now passed it to the Information Commissioner for adjudication as it is contrary to their recommended industry standards:-

4. If you fall into arrears on your account, or you do not keep to the revised terms of an arrangement, a default may be recorded to
    show that the relationship has broken down.

As a general guide, this may occur when you are 3 months in arrears, and normally by the time you are 6 months in arrears.

There are exceptions to this which may result in a default being recorded at a later stage,such as secured or long term loans e.g. mortgages, or if the product operates in a more flexible way e.g. current accounts, student loans, home credit.
  • Annie021063
    Annie021063 Posts: 2,569 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are there any updates on Santander? Found some old paperwork relating to an old unsuccessful claim 4 years ago!
  • Debster64
    Options
    Hi there, is anyone willing to share an example of a successful complaint letter - started my flexi loan in 2005 and now determined to get a refund. Thanks
  • crapouillette
    Options
    Bonjour, I am going though my finances to sort out all potential refunds. English is not my 1st language, so I would appreciate if someone was willing to share a template letter, please. Many thanks :-) Merci beaucoup
  • liz_holmes
    Options
    Hi Would it possible for you to send us a copy of the letter.

Regard

Liz
  • Anty_P
    Options
    Could you possible send me a copy of the template too? Thanks
  • tallen121
    Options
    And me too please?
  • Anfield01
    Options
    Can anyone help.

I had a a historic Cahoot flexi loan back in 2004 and it moved to Santander about 2006. The loan was paid off in 2010. The initial interest rate was 6.9% with Cahoot and then it was increased to 16.9% by Santander !

I also had PPI applied to the loan at a cost of approx £35.00 per month, not sure how ppi was added and cant recall whether i applied for the loan over the internet or over the phone.

So my question is..... what are my chances of getting refunds on the loan interest rate hile and the ppi ???

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • Hi Happy Bunny, i had this type of loan, would it be possible to sent me a copy of your complaints letter

Thanks
  • bobdauilda
    Options
    Looks like this thread has gone cold and only a lucky few have made progress in the early stages before the FOS ruling in their favour. Having started the fight I find it incredible that Martin Lewis has abandoned us all when this issue clearly has legs. Martin are you there.....?
    Happiness is wanting what you have, not having what you want.

Primum non noce!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure