IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Man Who Clamped Police Vehicles in Court - again

HO87
HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
edited 28 October 2011 at 3:36PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
The latest write up on Mr Andrews of Shoal Enforcement who appeared for trial today at Portsmouth Magistrates - read here I not that he pleade guilty to the offence of failing to display his badge - contrary to what Shoal had posted in the press releases on their site although, interestingly the press release in question has now disappeared.
My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I don't fully beleive the story, when Princess Anne visited our works, that was unnananounced but you could tell from the presence of characters around that there was some security activity, and the guys did not look like people you would want to upset, I'm susprised they did not simply rip the clamps off
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    DUTR wrote: »
    I don't fully beleive the story, when Princess Anne visited our works, that was unnananounced but you could tell from the presence of characters around that there was some security activity, and the guys did not look like people you would want to upset, I'm susprised they did not simply rip the clamps off

Confused ...what aspect is it that you don't believe ?
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    HO87 wrote: »
    The latest write up on Mr Andrews of Shoal Enforcement who appeared for trial today at Portsmouth Magistrates - read here I not that he pleade guilty to the offence of failing to display his badge - contrary to what Shoal had posted in the press releases on their site although, interestingly the press release in question has now disappeared.

Nope press release still there :-

http://www.shoalenforcement.co.uk/press-release
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    I stand corrected - don't know quite where I was looking. Shoal do still have the press release up - read here . One wonders whether Mr Eames, usually quote happy to comment, has to say about that?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Wonder if he will not pay and just avoid the ccj?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    "Eileen Sproson, defending, told the court Andrews was unlikely to be able to renew his clamping licence next year because of the conviction for contravening the Private Security Industry Act."

What a shame. Perhaps he might now go and get a proper job.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    If only the law was enforced for the rest of us.....
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Seems that is the maximum fine plus £100 must be costs? Or £100 for the not displaying licence!

1 month imprisonment and level 3 on standard scale max £1000 or both!

Pity it wasn't both considering the misery he has undoubtedly caused in the past.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure