BigAl94
BigAl94 Posts: 1,919 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
I presume this will NOT be used by NITB to promote Belfast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg00YEETFzg

Comments

• Mrs_Bogroll
    Options
    There's nothing in it that says it's set in Belfast/N.Ireland. It could be just about anywhere as there are few cities in the world that don't have deprived areas within them.
  • A.L.D.A
    A.L.D.A Posts: 522 Forumite
    Options
    That someone travels here to make the video with that title in mind, is a good indication of the perception that many have of this place. However I would take a positive view, someone did arrive here, saw and others may follow.
    [STRIKE]Less is more.[/STRIKE] No less is Less.
  • Mrs_Bogroll
    Mrs_Bogroll Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 27 October 2011 at 6:33PM
    Options
    I don't know the process involved in picking a location for her video, however she was here on tour at the time and her single release was imminent. To me it just seems like she happened to be here at the appropriate time rather than her and her people pored over an atlas of the world and picked Belfast because it's the ugliest dump they could come up with.

At least they got a good welcome, got positive attention, and got all the permissions they needed (bar the boobie brawl in the wheatfield) to do the work they wanted to do.
  • lpoolt
    lpoolt Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know the process involved in picking a location for her video, however she was here on tour at the time and her single release was imminent. To me it just seems like she happened to be here at the appropriate time rather than her and her people pored over an atlas of the world and picked Belfast because it's the ugliest dump they could come up with.

At least they got a good welcome, got positive attention, and got all the permissions they needed (bar the boobie brawl in the wheatfield) to do the work they wanted to do.

I agree. If anything, to me the video has portrayed here as being a fun place.

People will likely complain about the lack of clothes and the implied use of drugs but the former is par for the course for any Rihanna video regardless of location. As for the latter, anyone with half a brain will realise the drugs are a metaphor for love being a drug and the theme of the song rather than actually using them.
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    I read somewhere that it was only made here due to her schedule, so i wouldnt read to much into it. Although the story about her getting kicked out of the field says more about us than the video
  • highrisklowreturn
    Options
    I think it's great she got kicked out. Good riddance.
  • absoluteutopia
    Options
    I think it's great she got kicked out. Good riddance.
    Are you a presbyterian?
  • highrisklowreturn
    Options
    No, Anglican.
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It would be interesting to know how the ticket sales were going before and after the media publicity......
    Dave
  • mypie
    mypie Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think its reflective of our city at all but more a case for time and place.
    “A house is made of walls and beams;
    a home is built with love and dreams.”
    2012 Challenge to buy most gifts and non essentials from money made online.:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure