3 payments to my credit card,have they repaid my ppi??

Options
mattalex2008
mattalex2008 Posts: 113 Forumite
edited 26 October 2011 at 4:53PM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Hi all
I started reclaiming the ppi on my credit card, back in the summer, and received the bog standard letter saying they had 16 weeks in which to make their decision. That will be up mid Nov.
Today i have been online to check my latest credit card payment had gone through, and i'm in credit (quite a lot of credit):j
I have received 3 payments, the most is stated as PREMIUM REFUND.
2nd highest is stated as APR REFUND
lowest amount is stated as REBATE REFUND.
I have received no letter from them, just this.
If they have paid it back, i don't understand why 3 amounts as i was only expecting what i had paid and the interest.
Can anyone shed some light for me? xx
:lovethoug

Comments

• mattalex2008
    Options
    Any thoughts anyone? xx
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well the 3 descriptions sound like refund of premiums paid then interest paid ie apr refund and the last will be the statutory 8% i would have thought.
    Is this the figure you are expecting?

Surely most cards don't allow credit figures for long so I assume you can ask for it to be paid to you as a cheque. If you are happy for the refund to be held against the balance (effectively what they have done) leave it. But you could rightly argue that the full refund should have been sent directly to you. They can argue to use the laws of offset-but they can only hold the money against arrears-not a normal balance.

TBH I would be happy to have a card cleared lol.
    Nice one
    ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• mattalex2008
    Options
    Hi
    Was out most of yesterday so heres the update!
    Upon checking my cc account on line yest morning a cheque for over £1000 had been withdrawn! Eeeek:eek:
    The cheque was called a cbr cheque. Result, a very hasty trip to my branch!
    Very helpful lady put me straight through to cc helpline where another lady informed me, it was my ppi refund, they have to pay it into my cc acount to then withdraw it, to send me a cheque per FOS rules. Now that all sounds double dutch to me, has anyone else come accross this. It was in there for 2 days, before they took it back out, so it is a good job i didn't go on a big spending spree. lol.

I got married in Aug, after starting ppi claim, and have been going round changing my name everywhere. Went into my halifax branch, and changed it on my saving account and they said they would do my credit card for me. And yes you've guessed it, due to a glitch on their computer it didn't register at the gredit card company's end. They could not confirm what surmame the cheque had been made out to, or what would happen if it was in the wrong one, just have to wait first and see what name it is! Grrr.
    Oh well at least i know something is on its way, though i never have received any acceptance letters at all. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport