I wanna unusual 30th birthday gift for my best mate!

Options
I hope I'm placing this in the right place. Does anybody have any ideas of what I can buy my best friend for her 30th birthday. She is really into scuba diving and has plenty of trips away and hols, so an experience day wouldn't be special. She isn't a girly girl and doesn't drink. I have already bought her jewelry in the past. I want to buy her something to keep without being tacky. Any good ideas???

Many thanks

:confused:

Comments

• Jnelhams
    Jnelhams Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    Options
    How about a Portrait? Not as expensive as it sounds....

http://www.picturedraw.co.uk/

Just think, you could even buy a copy of Oscar Wildes "A picture of Dorian Gray" :eek:
    My Mind wanders, if found please return.
  • xiao_jiang
    Options
    There are many good gifts in this website
    and when you purchase any item from alt-gifts.com,you can get the 2007 pocket diary worth £4.99 rrrp completely free of charge
    http://www.alt-gifts.com/shop/entry/assoc/afwindow
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

There's a thread on the Special Occasions and Celebrations board for 30th Birthday Present and Party ideas that might help, so I'll move your thread over to that board.

Pink
  • tinselfairy
    Options
    How about an annual from the year she was born.
    There are loads on ebay.
    My sister in law bought one for her friend's 30th and it was the hit present of the evening when she opened it at her party as people laughed over the fashions etc.
    ...it is not of more importance than daily life, which I have an enduring wish to make as useful and beautiful as possible.

Georgie Burne-Jones
  • cantcope
    cantcope Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was bought a gold charm bracelet for my 30th. I absolutely love it and its something i can add to each year. How about a bracelet with a snorkel/mask charm?

I know you said you've bought her jewellery in the past but i feel this is really special to me as as i get older it gets more charms.
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
  • DrFluffy
    DrFluffy Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    Options
    I know you said she doesn't drink, but what about a meal out at an impossible to get in to venue?

My best friend took me to Vertigo 42 for my 30th, which was amazing - the views were to die for (and the Champers made Fluffy :D:D:D).

Otherwise, if she is having any kind of celibration, a nice photo frame and a disposible camera is usually a good bet...
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport