90 day compensation advice

Options
could anyone give us information regarding claiming compensation for receiving no notice of redundency.i was told i was redundent last wednesday as the firm had gone bankrupt that day,all 100+ staff were paid up till that day so no wages owed thankfully.administrators gave us forms to claim statutory redundency from goverment which have been filled in and sent off.but have heard of some scheme that you can claim because we did not receive 90 day consultation prior to being made redundent,this is in addition to redundency pay and pilon from the goverment.i cant find any information about this,i would be very grateful for any information or advice on this subject. thanks

Comments

• SarEl
    SarEl Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Options
    If you find the information please post it - because I don't know of any! The RPS pays (up to a cap) the redundancy pay, holiday pay, and notice pay. But is isn't hardly likely that an employer is going to give you 90 days notice of them going bankrupt! I think you have got confused with an employmnet tribunal claim - but you can't make a claim against an employer who doesn't exist because they are bankrupt.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 25 October 2011 at 2:33PM
    Options
    AIUI the the legislation allows for the 30/90 days consultations to be terminated early if there are genuine reasons it has completed.
    (bankrupt probably qualifies)

But the earliest termination needs to include at the minimum consultation as notice for 100+ thats 90 days.

So how that works for notice that would have been shorter I don't know for sure but looks like you may be entitled to minimum 90 days notice(not additional 90 days notice).
  • Mrs_Z
    Mrs_Z Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My husband has also recently been made redundant with no notice (firm went into voluntary liquidation). All staff were handed in claim forms by the administrators and as far as I understand, you can make 2 claims; one for unpaid salary, holidays, etc and other for not getting notice. Try contacting the administrators who gave you the forms. There should be a phone number there.

But basically, yes you are entitled to a basic notice period and can claim for this from the Government backed scheme.
  • SarEl
    SarEl Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs_Z wrote: »
    My husband has also recently been made redundant with no notice (firm went into voluntary liquidation). All staff were handed in claim forms by the administrators and as far as I understand, you can make 2 claims; one for unpaid salary, holidays, etc and other for not getting notice. Try contacting the administrators who gave you the forms. There should be a phone number there.

But basically, yes you are entitled to a basic notice period and can claim for this from the Government backed scheme.

Correct. But "notice" and "consultation periods" very different things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure