Remove wetroom and re install bathroom

Hi all, this is my first post so please be kind!

We live in a bungalow which has a mobility wetroom (shower only (no bath). We would really like to remove it and replace it with a normal bathroom. It currently has a non slip floor, from looking on the internet i think it looks like Altro Marine. We would like to replace the flooring with something more modern, retile the whole room and put in new bath, basin and toilet.

I am just wondering if anyone could provide me with a rough idea of how much this would cost (supply and fit) and also how long it would take to complete. I just dont wont to waste anyones time by getting them out to provide a quote if i discover it's way out of my price range at the moment!

We live in Suffolk if that makes a difference to costs.

Thank you very much for reading my post

Comments

• keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    £3 - £6k as a very rough wet finger depending on the suite/tiles you want and the precise site conditions which noone on here can see unfortunately.

Cheers.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,094
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    About £5k to include suite, semi tiled walls, replumbed and decorated.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    7-10 days

Is the floor timber or concrete? Floor will need levelling off to loose the falls of the tray/former

Would allow a little incase the wetroom was badly done! Last cowboy wetroom i had to redo had no tanking and the joists had full depth sections removed for the waste.

4K upwards
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    So for once you get three answers largely agreeing with one another. Must be a first for MSE. :D

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure