Tupe/Outsourcing/Redundancy

I have been off sick for a few months, and during this time, the role i was doing was understandably allocated to someone else. I am now due to return and i have been told that i will be doing duties which will align me to a workstream that i have never worked in before , this workstream is in the process of being outsourced (from the public sector to the private sector) . Can my employer put me forward for TUPE transfer when i have not done the job before? I know that i would need to have at least 50% of my work aligned to be in scope, however they are moving my duties to make me in scope because i have been off ill. I am not comfortable with the new role as i feel i do not have the skills to do it and therfore may be sacked due to incompetence from the new provider. If they have no role for me, can they not just not make me redundant and can i push for this? Please advise. Regards Irene:(

Comments

• SarEl
    SarEl Posts: 5,683 Forumite
    Answred more or less the same question on the other thread you started. They have a role for you - so you are not redundant. It would be unlawful for them to make you redundant when you are not! As I said previously, provided the duties are within the scope of your job role then they can move you to another workstream whether or not you have worked there before, and if that job is subject to TUPE then so are you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure