MSE News: Pressure on Eon as the only big energy doorstep seller left

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
4 replies 1.6K views
MSE_GuyMSE_Guy MSE Staff
1.7K posts
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Scottish Power has become the fifth of the big six providers to stop controversial doorstop selling, leaving only Eon ..."

Replies

• grandma247grandma247 Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    RE Scottish power. They had better tell the man who called at my door a couple of nights ago because he was adamant that they were not stopping doorstepping. He was going to remove our name from their list but wanted me to sign his machine. I don't know if he actually did it because i told him I was not signing anything.
  • tagq2tagq2 Forumite
    382 posts
    He was perhaps trying to collect a signature to authorise a transfer and it might not even have been to Scottish Power.

There will still be sellers for smaller companies and scammers who could want your signature for almost anything.
  • Ken68Ken68 Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've had no cold callers here since putting up the MSE sign.

Not even the bible people.
  • EDF knocked my door a week or so ago so they or someone else is still doorstep selling! I have written to EDF to complain as I have a no doorstep sales poster on the door.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support