Unable to repay credit union loan

Options
12346»

Comments

• NCISROCKS
    Options
    Life can be quite strange sometimes - Went for an interview 4 weeks ago and all but given up on hearing anything back only to get a call to go back in tomorrow for a meeting as I had gotten the job and on top of that I decided to contact my solicitor who I felt had been sitting on his thumbs regarding a compensation claim he was dealing with for me. He said he would chase it up again as the other party was supposed to have got back to him last week. Anyhow, after about 4 phone calls back and fourth we settled the case with well more than enough money to clear the credit union and see me through for a while :j

You couldn't make this stuff honestly. So this story ends very nicely and I've learned quite a bit about human behaviour I can tell you. I went to the local church this evening and promised to make a donation of £500 to the local charity that helps very poorly of people in the community. I may be waiting 4 weeks on the cheque coming through but when it does I will only be too glad to help them.

People don't appreciate what they've got and it's so easy to sit in ivory towers advising those in poverty whereas it's much harder to actually do something about it.

Maybe it's the way I put things on here but bar 1 poster most of you went into autopilot assuming all kinds about my situation and took, at times, naivity for ignorance but thankfully there are still a few that are sympathetic and understanding left. I never had a single intention of avoiding any debt but was annoyed at the way in which the CU manager dealt with me because I immediately felt for single mothers in worse situations than me maybe also being meet with this kind scenario and how the CU would deal with them. I simply wanted a bit of breathing space that's all. Well I got it and then some.

Not once was I ever looking an easy way out, or making excuses for my circumstances. Having been in receipt of quite good wages for the last 10 years it's a shock being reduced to so little and having to try and make do.

Life would have it though that just as I was hitting rock bottom and massive change in fortune came about within the space of 3 hours. So with all that in mind I decided to put the heating on, buy a carryout and plan to purchase a few luxuries.

I sincerely hope for the best for anyone in my situation and will most definately be offering some time to the local charity this Xmas also so all was not lost.

...oh come on! A very poor troll...end of.
  • Carlo_Gambino
    Options
    NCISROCKS wrote: »
    ...oh come on! A very poor troll...end of.

Oh for dear's sake. Grab yourself a coke too dear. Negative and pessimistic sorts I attract, honestly. In saying that up to late afternoon yesterday I had become you guys myself. There's a few on here that I definately don't want to be when I grow up lol
  • Emmzi
    Emmzi Posts: 8,658 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Carlo, you seem to think that getting a new job makes you "right". It diesn't. It just changes your circumstances.

People kindly took their time to give realistic views on your circumstance as it was, and you lambast them because you do not agree. Hardly full of the love of god and fellow man, is it?
    Debt free 4th April 2007.
    New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    Thats the way fella, throw your money away and waste the rest on your "little luxuries"
    Whatever you do don't save any will you?

You were never affluent before this story unfolded, hence the need for a CU loan in the first place. The last thing you want to do is reflect on your past mistakes and ensure you don't end up making the same mistakes all over again.

Your story does sound a little bit... Errr.. tall.
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    LOL and if that lot's true, I have a bridge I can sell you....some shizzle going on in this thread.
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • LovelyLeeds
    Options
    Forgot to say; thanks for the kind words and the concern LovelyLeeds!
    Glad the Loans forum has had yet another happy ending this week!
    :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport