Egg 0% offer

Options
Hi this is my first time on this site

I have an old egg card and was offered the anniversary 0% for 5 months. I reduced my card balance by paying £2,600 off the card, leaving £320 on the card.

I phoned Egg to find out if they had received payment and was told that the money had been received and my balance had been reduced from £2,900(odd) to £320. I asked if I was still in time to make any balance transfers under the anniversary offer and was told yes;

-I made three transfers, 2 x £500 and 1 x £1,000;

When i received statement it showed Egg had in fact not reduced my balance as previously stated (with the £2600 I paid) but instead they had allocated £600 (out of the £2600 paid to reduce my card balance) against the £1,000 balance transfer meaning that the debt on my card went up from £300 to £900 at the much higher interest rate and I got the use of the 0% for ONE DAY. They had already confirmed though that my balance had been reduced, how can they use my money, in effect, twice?

My latest email from Egg confirms that they received my payments to reduce my card balance, but, have do not have any agreement to rectify this.

Can anyone advise on what to do next?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport