I have made my last payment I hope

Options
kns_2
kns_2 Posts: 115 Forumite
[FONT=&quot]Hopefully I have just made my last payment and I feel so happy it’s been a long and hard journey but all I can say is that it’s worth it in the end.:D[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I phoned my IVA Company to see if I am able to cancel my DD as today’s payment was the 60th one and they said yes you’ve completed your payments.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I then asked what happens next and was told this now goes to the closure department and put me through to a very nice lady that explained to me what happens now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She said I would properly not here anything now until near Christmas or 4-6weeks time.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]This is because apparently back in July there was some sort of court ruling regarding VAT so they have been told not to close any cases from the end of July just yet as they would not be able to claim the VAT back on these cases if they close them.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She also told me that they have a back log of 30-40 cases to catch up on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All I can say is the same as most people that get through their IVA it is worth it in the end just to know that you don’t owe anybody anything apart from your normal household bills Gas,Elec, etc.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We can now have a great Christmas with our spare money and have some good future holidays and under no circumstances am I getting any credit in the future I have learnt a very big valuable lesson and will not be going down the credit road ever again if I don’t have it I am not buying it.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So here is to everyone still in their IVA’S if you could bottle the way I am feeling right now it would be a fantastic high.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you to all that have given me advice in the past and I will still stay lurking in the background on this fantastic forum.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I know I am not offically out of the IVA until I recieve my completion certificate but god it feels good at the moment :beer:
[/FONT]

Comments

• FoggyBrain_2
    FoggyBrain_2 Posts: 1,121 Forumite
    Options
    First of all ...WELL DONE and Congratulations!!!!

Might I ask which company you are with ? I am intrigued with the VAT position. Some companies have been advised to continue closing as normal, some have put a hold on (in one companys case in excess of 6 months is anticipated). In one case, and I cannot recall which comapny they did put a stop on completions then, after taking advice, resumed. In reality there is no reason they should stop closures, as this puts IVA's at risk. I do not wish to dampen your celebrations, but don't win the lottery until you have that completion certificate !!
  • kns_2
    kns_2 Posts: 115 Forumite
    edited 17 October 2011 at 8:18PM
    Options
    Debt lifeboat.
  • iwannabefree
    Options
    Well done and congrats,

We are not far behind you, Literally two weeks to our final payment and then we will be in the same position as you.

It feels great so i know how you must be feeling.

Well done again and enjoy your christmas too.:T
    Debt free Nov 11 :j
  • SILENTLUCIDITY
    Options
    Well done I know exactly how you feel about being free from debt.Congrats again ....
    . debt free Oct 15th 2011....:T ...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport