Childrens bedding

Options
Just bought my little boy a pillow.

Where is the most reasonable place to order pillowcases/bedding from?
Give me the boy until he's seven and i'll give you the man.

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it depends what you want. i find wilkinsons good for bedding, good quality and good prices, and they do have some cartoon characters. i think argos index etc are over priced. rosebys (if you have one near you) are also good value.
  • Greenstuff_2
    Options
    Have you tried car boot sales or charity shops?
    When my dog was a puppy he would eat his bedding so we used to buy him blankets etc. from charity shops.
    Some of the stuff I found was so good I couldn't waste it on him, so I bought it for my kids.
    Particularly car boot sales, admittedly this was a while ago when car boots didn't use to be full of traders, but if you look for a nice family car, usually have a couple of kids with them, they have loads of stuff that looks brand new, trends fade quicker than the duvet covers do!
    My Daughter was mad about Thomas the tank and had massess of the stuff.
    One day literally overnight (no pun intended) she decided she DIDN'T like Thomas and wouldn't go to bed unless she had Barney.
    I had a Barney duvet cover all washed and ready in the airing cupboard and she delightedly toddled off to bed.
    Thomas and his friends were packed off to the car boot, we got a lovely few quid and an empty toy box. ;D
    I also found at the same car boot a Barney light shade still in the wrapper, and lots of other stuff that was easily washed.
    So, all was well until Barbie came on the scene..... ::)
    Waddle you do eh?
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Options
    barbie is that the same barbie my daughter is so not into lol .. now its the Bratz dolls lol ....
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • Greenstuff_2
    Options
    Lol!

Oh yes,

Barbie is languishing in the bottom of the car boot box, evicted by Groovy Chick and the Bratz ::)
    Waddle you do eh?
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya  :)

If you go here then you should see a site called Towels.co.uk, they have bedding sometimes and its free postage. Hurrah!!! also try woodies DIY they also have some bedding bits from time to time.

alison
    xxxx

just had a peek

they have a summer duvet for £10.50 single and £15.99 for king.
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all ,

thanks for the replies. Didn't explain myself very well

What I'm really looking for is a cheap pillowcase for his pillow. Don't really want to pay £25 for a set. His pillow is a baby one so is too small for an adults pillowcase.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My mum-in-law made me mine, out of kids curtains another friend had passed on.
    My little boy (now 4) loves it and calls it his special pillow.
    Good job she also made a spare!
    lol.
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Options
    have you tried ebay? even if you cannot find one that will fit there are loads of people that make stuff and will probably make a made to measure quite cheap. :)
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • Greenstuff_2
    Options
    Hi Plumpmouse.

Ikea have a 4 piece set in their catalogue for £7.50.It's quite cute with clowns on, suitable for a boy.
    Mothercare had a singe pillow case for £5.
    Waddle you do eh?
  • plumpmouse
    plumpmouse Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Greenstuff

Will have a look
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure