can anybody help me? please

Options
hi there, very new to this forum and site, have been intrigued at all the info and tips that are shared on here, i've just received my statements back from my bank (hsbc) and i'm astonished that my charges over the last 6 years come to £2000. I obviously want to take this further and hopefully reclaim this money and have read martins guide, however i am unable to down load the template letter as i dont have word on my pc. Can anybody advise what it is i should write in my 1st letter to the bank (with charges), very grateful in advance.

Comments

• gimfunk
    gimfunk Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Your address

[INSERT NAME AND ADDRESS OF BANK]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Account number: ##########

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as (name of bank) is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Yours faithfully,

signed

printed
  • gimfunk
    gimfunk Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    :wink: hope that helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing