New measures to prevent claiming charges

Options
is this true?? my brother has just found out that i am reclaiming unfair charges, i have explained everything to him from what i have read off this site.
he must be behind on with a CC payment as he just called he's bank to have an argument with them over the unfair charge for them to start stating, that now they call you 3 times a day (via an automated telephone system) that this makes the charges more valid!!!!

i can see some sense to this on the other hand how much does it now cost them knowing they are using an automated system (unless you answer, it doesn't even use a second of a staff's time!!!!) and contracting the call centre abroad should mean it will only add penny's to the cost!!!

would love to hear your views, as i'm going through the process of claiming my charges back!!

Comments

• frugallass
    frugallass Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    how much time and money is spent by customers waiting for someone to answer their calls to the banks.....:confused:

anyway I don't live on Mars or The Moon...surely phone calls aren't THAT expensive are they?:p

Don't let that put you off - carry on with your claim ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure