Nescafe 'pick me up' scheme

Options
Hi, I have collected some Nescafe 'beans' thinking that I would redeem them for a 'gift' from the Nescafe scheme at https://www.nescafe-pickmeups.co.uk. However, having looked at the items available they either seem to be crap or have so many restrictions that they are useless. What really puzzles me is that Nescafe are encouraging and posting feedback on the items - most of which seems to be negative! What is this all about?! And can anyone recommend a good use for these beans?:confused:

Comments

• freddie_2
    Options
    I have had the -

Dressing gown - Really nice and worth it
    Slipper and towel - OK
    Kitchen set - apron etc
    Pamper set - Not worth it
    All 3 books - OK
    Radio - OK, is in my laundry room.
    memo board - Not worth it.

May be something else but cant remember. Some of these may be old gifts as they change them sometimes.
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just this minute received 2 of the robes and they are brilliant quality, towelling inside and velour outside.
    I would definitley recommend them.
    :beer:
  • ukstuff_2
    Options
    I got all my gifts before they started charging P+P :D

Dressing gown Fantastic, I reckon these would sell for £40 easy in the shops
    Slipper and towel Towels ok, the slippers are very thin
    memo board - Not worth it.Binned the board, just kept the magnets that I use on the fridge
  • babymoneyblagger
    Options
    hi - I have had the dressing gowns and 2 luggage pieces which were very well made. my son used the luggage on a trip and dressing gowns are very luxurious and wash fantastically without little threads coming out!!! - got mine when P&P was free as well!!! - now saving for mccains stuff!!! hope it helps :)
    Comp wins 2013:160 finish quantum tabs, 2xtickets private screening of prisoners(Jake n Hugh 2)
    Lights4you - Battery powered Rose Lights,
    £120 worth of local symphony orchestra concerts, Bulmers bottle n beanie hat, Imperial Leather Batiste dry shampoo & tanning stuff (thanks Genie).
  • icecubequeen
    Options
    i got a bath robe/dressing gown and 2 x towel and slipper sets and they are all really gd, paid less then a fiver in P&P, so definately worth it.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    jtcowie wrote:
    And can anyone recommend a good use for these beans?:confused:

Plant the magic beans in the soil, and a Nescafé tree shall grow forth, and thou shall prosper :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • jtcowie
    jtcowie Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    thanks to everyone for replying so fast and helpfully
  • boosas
    boosas Posts: 211 Forumite
    Options
    I got the bathrobe too just afer Xmas but had to pay for the P&P, it did feel really nice but loads of little white bits were falling out, did anyone else find this?

If you've got a Vue cinema near you, the 2 for 1 card might be good, lasts a year and that's my next one to save me beans for!
  • mrsw
    mrsw Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    I redeemed mine for Vue cinema card. If you don't want anything, you could always sell them on ebay.
  • Kevponder
    Options
    Yes ... the bathrobe worth having. Also the towels are fine but the slippers naf!

Best of all though is that its only 6 beans to get a free dvd rental from blockbuster with no p&p. Shame its limited to 3 vouchers per household .... but do what i done and use family, friends and neighbours addresses. Collected 36 free rental vouchers so far this way and they dont have an expiry date on them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure