New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Scottish Power pulls top two energy tariffs

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
5 replies 1.9K views
Former_MSE_HelenFormer_MSE_Helen
2.4K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The two cheapest dual fuel energy tariffs, including the top fix, have been axed ..."

Replies

• I switched from British Gas to Scottish Power at the end of September before the above were pulled. Will the switch be carried out or will I be advised otherwise?
  • StevieJStevieJ Forumite
    20.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it is logical, did SP not bring these tariffs out to stop them hemorrhaging customers to EDF, now that EDF have removed their best tariffs they are not needed, cynical some would say :)
    Government: "Should we get a pet?" 52%: "Yes" Government: "OK, we'll get a cat" 1/2 of 52%: "Oh no, I hate cats. I wanted a dog."
  • irnbru_2irnbru_2 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    miniwinger wrote: »
    I switched from British Gas to Scottish Power at the end of September before the above were pulled. Will the switch be carried out or will I be advised otherwise?

Have you not received any paperwork or email?

For OES15, I got set up with an online migration account.
  • Bark01Bark01 Forumite
    826 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    StevieJ wrote: »
    I suppose it is logical, did SP not bring these tariffs out to stop them hemorrhaging customers to EDF, now that EDF have removed their best tariffs they are not needed, cynical some would say :)

Or maybe its evidence of a competitive marketplace.
  • I have been waiting to go onto this plan for a while as I am stuck with Eon until 31st October and I guess I am not the only one waiting. I was going to change tomorrow and they go and pull it. Thanks Scottish Power. Why is it so hard nowadays to look after your gas and leccy at a reasonable price?

I'm fed up with all of these utility companies now. You're all off the Christmas card list.
    I'm sure I went upstairs for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support