Forum Home» Greenfingered MoneySaving

What can I do to make front garden useful?

New Post Advanced Search

What can I do to make front garden useful?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
3 replies 2.5K views
HappySadHappySad Forumite
2K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
I have a front garden that is 2mx2m about that is not being used and therefore being wasted which means that I am paying a mortgage for that space and not making use of it... anyway.

What can I do to make use of it.

It has a large previt (spelling) hedge at the front, a straight path leading to the front door on one side. the other side has central paved area with border going all around with soil.

What I was thinking was to put a bench/table that you get in pubs that has the bench on two sides of a table. That way we would have dinner in the front garden.

Also thinking of using 1/2 garden to grow veg to that my son can learn about growing food.

What use have you made of your front garden? What ideas do you have for a front garden.
“…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"

Replies

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support