Esure - Send your story to BBC Watchdog!

Options
Hi,
If you have had a bad experience,as i have,with Esure(or Sheila's Wheels motor insurance),send your story to BBC Watchdog online,as i have!The more complaints they get the better,and we can expose this company and what they are doing on national TV.
Basically,there are 10's,if not 100's of thousands of homeowners in the UK who are insured with Esure,who think as i did,they were/are adequately insured with this company,but they are not!
They,in conjuction with Cunningham Lindsay,inflate all the figures and then render you under insured then reject your claim and cancel your policy!Anyone who puts in a claim of say,4-£5,000+ will not be able to claim,and i think people who pay every month/year believing they are covered,but technically are not,should be warned about this,they need stopping!!
I have posted my story on another thread on here,but it is now over 4 months after i suffered a burglary and i am still battling,now with my solicitor with Esure,and it has been a total nightmare from day 1 with this company!:mad:
Money does not bring happiness...but if you are already happy it does bloody help! :rotfl:

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 October 2011 at 2:37PM
    Options
    Just hope you get coverage, as Watchdog can be quite selection.

"Don't get done, get Dom" are asking for cases to be emailed to them at the moment.

New BBC1 series of Don’t Get Done, Get Dom

Consumer champion Dominic Littlewood is back for another series of the BBC show Don't Get Done Get Dom.

Have you been treated unfairly by a company or organisation? Maybe you’ve tried complaining, but feel like you’re getting nowhere – or perhaps you don’t know where to begin?
    Dom wants to help you. Email me with details to [EMAIL="dom@flametv.co.uk"]dom@flametv.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • scooby75
    scooby75 Posts: 800 Forumite
    Options
    What a state of affairs when we have to contact the tv companies rather than the regulators. Self regulation, anyone?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • huckster
    Options
    scooby75 wrote: »
    What a state of affairs when we have to contact the tv companies rather than the regulators. Self regulation, anyone?

My experience of FSA is that they are more interested in financial aspects and processes that are in place. They just look at the accounts and flow charts.

What they could do, is have more scrutinty of what complaints the FOS receives. If the FSA received summaries of complaints currently being handled by the FOS, they would get a flavour of what type of complaints are being made against each company. So if they saw many complaints about Esure voiding policies, perhaps they would atleast start to raise questions.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Surely the FOS work hand in hand with the FSA?

https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/about/other_bodies.html
  • huckster
    Options
    vaio wrote: »
    Surely the FOS work hand in hand with the FSA?

www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/about/other_bodies.html

I think the FOS provides FSA with data and reports, plus they will see the cases that are published. But I don't think the FSA are provided with specific information advising the exact nature of complaints. i.e it will be under a broad heading. It would be better if when the complaints are logged by the FOS that a summary is added and that these are passed to the FSA. Whether the FSA would have the time to look at these would be another question.
  • suali_uk
    suali_uk Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I have sent my complaint in to FOS , watchdog, and tell Dom... See my thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3409823
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport