Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Tracker devices

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
2 replies 869 views
Liz33Liz33 Forumite
155 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Can anyone tell me if you save much money on insurance if you have a tracker fitted to your car? I live in quite a high car crime area so wondered if that would bring it down?

If so are there only certain ones the insurance company accept?

thnaks for your help
Sealed pot challenge - £400 no.491

Replies

• Liz33 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if you save much money on insurance if you have a tracker fitted to your car? I live in quite a high car crime area so wondered if that would bring it down?

If so are there only certain ones the insurance company accept?

thnaks for your help

I would first check with your insurer if they offer a discount for a tracking device, and if so how much for each make / model of unit.

For example, I have a Tracker fitted to my car, but insurer's will not offer me a discount due to the make/model / value of car I own.

What car do you have?
    A Tracking device is a subscription based service, www.tracker.co.uk subs are £149 for one year or £399 for a one of subs payment.

Other companies have similar pricings.
    TB
  • agrinnallagrinnall
    23.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can ask but don't be surprised if they say no. What is much more likely is that if you have an expensive car you won't get insurance at all without having a tracking device fitted - this happened to me in the days when I was able to afford to buy a new Boxster (not an issue with my current Fiat Panda :)).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals