Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Citroen C3 vs Nissan Micra

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Windsor70Windsor70 Forumite
147 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
I have to get a new secondhand car as my 10 year old Ka is shortly departing for the great scrap heap in the sky. Absolutely gutted but its got too many faults and logic over heart, it just doesnt warrant getting it sorted.

I would love a Citroen C3, thats my top favourite but I have been warned off by a mechanic telling me not to consider any thing French. I have read reviews about the C3 and some good, some bad. Compared to the review for the Micra, the C3 is not as good, but I cant help it, I still like it.

So my question is, is it really a bad buy? Are there certain years to avoid or are they just a bad purchase? Are they more expensive to repair or would the repair costs be the same as for a micra? My next car has to be a sensible purchase, running costs as I am mainly an about town driver, also costs of insurance (only been driving a year) and then maintenance costs.

Can anyone tell me which things tend to go wrong with both of these cars and what costs it can run to?

Thank you very much in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals