Waiting for....

Hi,
I seem to have started getting very slow responses over the last few days. Waiting for,,, then the screen appears.
I have tried bandwith tests and they are fine.
I called the ISP provider but sadly the language barrier defeated me.
I have run virus scans etc, all fine and aprt from slow responses all is fine,
Any ideas , please
Jo

Comments

• HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    What operating system are you using? Which browser? Does it happen on every attempt to navigate to a page or just on particular ones? Are your versions of Java or Flash up to date?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • HI,
    WINXP SP3.
    Google chrome.
    Java and Flash current versions.
    ISP, sadly, AOL
    Delay on all sites, MSE , Hotmail, Thisismoney Amazon
    Jo
  • RussJK
    RussJK Posts: 2,359 Forumite
    Try your computer with a portable version of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc:
    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

If that works fine, then it points to something in your browser (e.g. the current profile). If it's the same, then it's either something to do with your OS, your computer, or your connection.
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    RussJK wrote: »
    Try your computer with a portable version of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc:
    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

If that works fine, then it points to something in your browser (e.g. the current profile). If it's the same, then it's either something to do with your OS, your computer, or your connection.
    I think Russ is on the money. Do you have any add-on toolbars?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Is it just the internet that is slow or is the pc slow when using word processing or other off line functions.

If it's just the internet try clearing your browsing history. Go to Internet Properties then select delete within browsing history. (I'm on Win 7 so can't describe the route to that for you).

Ccleaner is a useful program which can sort out problems on your pc - it just make a long time to download it.

I've given you a link to the Computeractive magazine website so that you can read about it before deciding whether to use it or not.

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/download-review/1932547/ccleaner-303

Hope this helps.
  • Hi,
    I think that I have the answer.
    AOL is the default home page.
    Changed it to Chrome.
    It works fine.
    Thus it is AOL!
    I shalll look for a new ISP
    Cheers folks
    Jo
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    it probably IS the isp; aol is an unmitigated disaster imo.
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • LittleJo
    LittleJo Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,
    You will all be suprised to hear that asking for a MAC code speeds up your service no end.
    Pure coincidence of course.
    Jo
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family