Bank fees - Santander??

Hi all,

I setup an account for paypal use with the aforementioned bank. I keep topping it up. I went over drawn by £2.23. Then I see £40 worth of unagreed overdraft fees (£5 daliy rate) and today I get a £25 unpaid item fee for them having agreed to pay my £2.23.

Just below their fee is interest after tax payment of £0.18p

OK, I did wrong but how come they've got to chop off my arm and leg?? Godknows what fees I'd of been charged had paypal done some sort of seller refund when I sold some items last month.

I thought they sorted these overly large fees made by banks? was it only on CC's? seems I got that wrong too.

giggler

Comments

• giggler123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I setup an account for paypal use with the aforementioned bank. I keep topping it up. I went over drawn by £2.23. Then I see £40 worth of unagreed overdraft fees (£5 daliy rate) and today I get a £25 unpaid item fee for them having agreed to pay my £2.23.

Just below their fee is interest after tax payment of £0.18p

OK, I did wrong but how come they've got to chop off my arm and leg?? Godknows what fees I'd of been charged had paypal done some sort of seller refund when I sold some items last month.

I thought they sorted these overly large fees made by banks? was it only on CC's? seems I got that wrong too.

giggler
    Have you been overdrawn by more than £10 in your statement period? (check the date on your statement to see when it's from and until).

If you haven't been overdrawn more than £10 in this statement period VERY QUICKLY get into a branch or on the phone and ask them to waive them all. If though, you've been overdrawn since more than £10, you might only get a maximum of £25 refunded, as long as you've had no goodwill refunds in the last 12 months.

Hope that helps. :)
  • IrishGypsy,

Thanks. I noticed since using paypal that it's happened twice within 30days of each other but not within a calender month.

Anyhow, first time was £-5.76, then they charged me £5+ £25.

Today they agreed to refund the £65 fees for going £-2.20 in the red. If I'd of known about the other small one which is less than your £10 maybe I should have asked about that to.

thanks again,

giggler
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family