Hyundai Trajet 2001 tdi number plate lights problem

Options
follows2006
follows2006 Posts: 53 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 29 September 2011 at 4:38PM in Motoring
Hi all,

hoping someone can help before my father needs to visit garage.
His battery died yesterday and the RAC fitted a replacement, they checked all the lights (obviously the main as you will see) and off they went.
Dad was pulled over last night as he had no lights on the rear number plate. Got home and replaced all of the bulbs and no joy. I have been over but cannot find anywhere in the diagram a fuse for this.
I have googled but with no joy. We called RAC back and they have just advised take it to a garage, i will sort that out with them later.

Does anyone know if there is an independant fuse for the numberplate lights, as all the other lights are fine?

I have gone through the fuses in both the the front and rear fuse boxes and cannot find anything blown.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Options
    It's probably linked to one or more of the interior lights or the boot light.... So check those fuses.

Or they may have been broken for some time, for example ever since a rear end accident repair, where somebody forgot to reconnect them.
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • follows2006
    Options
    Strider590 wrote: »
    It's probably linked to one or more of the interior lights or the boot light.... So check those fuses.

Or they may have been broken for some time, for example ever since a rear end accident repair, where somebody forgot to reconnect them.

Thanks for the quick reply.

All those are working, fuses fine.
    No rear end shunts and dad is good as gold with doing weekly checks on all lights, it is after the battery was fitted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure