I love ebay so much I paid my fees twice

I clicked to pay my fees and it said the money didn't go through so I did it again and they have both gone through. I phoned paypal and they said to contact ebay which I did. The last time this happened I just let my seller fees go to a + but it is rather a lot this time and I would like a refund. Ebay assured me that when they both go through one set of fees will be refunded to my paypal account but I am not convinced. Anyone else silly enough to have done that?:o

Comments

• grunnie wrote: »
    I clicked to pay my fees and it said the money didn't go through so I did it again and they have both gone through. I phoned paypal and they said to contact ebay which I did. The last time this happened I just let my seller fees go to a + but it is rather a lot this time and I would like a refund. Ebay assured me that when they both go through one set of fees will be refunded to my paypal account but I am not convinced. Anyone else silly enough to have done that?:o

Yes, that happened to me because the first payment didn't seem to go through, so I did it again, exactly like you.

eBay took ages to refund me. I hope they're a bit faster now!:)
  • I've found it sometimes takes a while for my eBay to update itself after paying fees.

I use any money in my Paypal micropayments account first to settle any eBay fees due, but I've found it sometimes takes 24 hours for the payment to show and be offset against my eBay account balance. Once it does, I then pay the rest of the fees from my main Paypal account.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.
    ...If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    Groucho Marx
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    After a second lengthy phone call to ebay found my seller fee account went in to postive showing I had paid twice and they didn't sort it out. Emailed ebay then and my reply was it may take up to a month to refund it so that's a waste of time. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure